Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Pay Rate: $13.75/hr. (starting salary)
Schedule: Rotating Shifts, 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am (MUST be able to work both shifts)
Worksite: Georgia-Pacific Tolleson, AZ (7506 W Lincoln St, Tolleson, AZ 85353)
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia-Pacific company is now hiring Packers at our newest facility just outside of Phoenix in Tolleson, AZ. The material packer inspects for quality, keeps accurate counts and paperwork, and stacks the product into boxes on the skid. Candidates selected for this role will have an opportunity to train with our experienced team members to learn the process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. Successful trainees will have the opportunity to move into various roles within our facility!
This position may be right for you if you are…
Safety-Obsessed – GP employees are expected to place protection of health and safety and the environment first, no matter how urgent the job.
A Team Player – Our equipment is complex and highly-technical – You can’t do it alone! Our employees collaborate every day to produce quality product, overcome challenges, and implement improvements.
Ready to Grow – The right candidate will have a desire to learn and advance in our organization.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, and paid time off/holidays.
This role is temporary-to-hire!
Steel Toe Boots are REQUIRED for this position.
Our working schedule may include overtime, holidays, and weekends. Hours for the shifts are as follows…
Rotating Shift: (3 Days On, 1 Day Off, 4 Days On, 3 Days Off)
Day Shift: 7:00am – 7:00pm AND Night: 7:00am – 7:00pm
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Effectively performing visual quality inspections
- Ensure product is being packaged according to customer requirements; correct boxes being used, correct amount in box, all information on label is correct
- Learn and understand procedures to assure accuracy of good product counts and waste counts, while maintaining accurate and complete records as required
- Assist line operators in wash-ups, makereadies, and startups
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning of area workspaces/floor
- Follow all required safety procedures; Perform your job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to regularly lift and move materials weighing between 30-75 pounds; Some repetitive handwork occurs, averaging about 80% of an 8 – 12 hour workday
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Willing and able to work 12-hour shifts, day or night, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Previous experience of continuous work in a high-speed, team-based manufacturing environment (Ex.- picker-packer, dedicated assembly, and warehousing)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.