Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Responsible for directing the day-to-day management, development and operation of the production treatment and the distribution and metering of water and/or wastewater operations for the Company.
• Programs and directs the efficient and reliable operation, maintenance, protection and appearance of all water supply facilities, impoundments, watersheds, pumping, treatment, booster and storage facilities and properties.
• Assists in planning and construction of new production facilities.
• Plans and prepares that portion of the Company budgets within area of responsibility.
• Manage employee and labor relations within area of responsibility. May serve as spokesman in union contract negotiations.
• Prepares, files and maintains reports and records relating to the production and distribution of water and water service.
• Develops a sound organization staffed with able and motivated employees and provides for or trains suitable replacements.
• Assures that policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and approved objectives are adhered to and/or achieved including those involving safety, affirmative action, community and labor relations.
In depth, vast knowledge and experience with water treatment and applicable engineering and construction concepts. Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles. Knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Regulations, including the Safe Drinking Water Act, Toxic Catastrophe Prevention Act (TCPA), and Discharge Prevention Containment and Countermeasure (DPCC) regulations.
Minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience in water works or related field, three (3) of which are in production or distribution.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience that provides the knowledge and exposure to water treatment, distribution system operations, engineering and construction concepts, accounting and budgeting principles and the ability to direct the day-to-day operation of production treatment , distribution and metering of water or waste water operations for American Water.“
Licenses & Certifications
T2 minimum is required and working towards a T3 and subsequently T4 licenses
Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
Plans, Aligns, & Directs
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.