Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
Kudos And Honors
Get To Know (MNVA) !
Minnesota Virtual Academy
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The mission of MNVA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Career Readiness Education (CRE) Program Coordinator supports CRE through the development of services for students participating in CRE. The position works collaboratively with administrators, student services personnel, and teachers to ensure the delivery of career development services; facilitates linkages with parents, business/industry, postsecondary institutions, and community organizations to support students' transition to postsecondary education and employment; and assists with ensuring program funding and compliance.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Assists students with selection of appropriate academic and CRE course; Coordinates Coordinate career planning activities in classrooms, groups, or individual sessions;
* Provides and coordinates administration and interpretation of career assessments;
* Provides information on postsecondary education programs and employment opportunities; Assists students with postsecondary education and employment opportunities;
* Facilitates work-based learning opportunities; Provides and coordinates activities for students to develop employability skills;
* Promotes the integration of career research and work-based learning opportunities into CRE and academic courses; Promotes the use of technology for career planning and research;
* Serves as a liaison with the business, industry, education, and military community facilitating business, education, and community partnerships that provide opportunities for students and support CRE;
* Publicizes partnership resources;
* Participates in professional development activities at the local, regional, state, and national levels; Engages in professional growth opportunities to remain current with trends, demands, and emerging careers in a rapidly changing workforce;
* Assists with activities that ensure program funding and compliance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree AND
* Three (3) years of CRE experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
* State Specific CRE Certificate (if applicable)
Other Required Qualifications:
* Knowledge of federal and state regulations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 65% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience as an on-line / virtual educator
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.