Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Ready to put your skills to work on a major logistics project that is located in Antarctica? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Manages Port Operations for a mega-project and is responsible for shipping and receiving of all materials. Supervises the scheduling and control of materials and equipment to ensure effective and timely completion of a project of significant size and complexity. Manages the main field warehouse, warehouse office, outside storage yard, and other related facilities for total materials and equipment handling and technical operation of the field warehouse. Coordinates all available data to give accurate advance delivery information to the senior site manager and staff for future job planning.
* Serves as the focal point for the scheduling and control of materials and equipment at the Port.
* Coordinates all deliveries to the Port and all shipment from the port to international locations.
* Coordinates International shipment to New Zealand and to Antarctica.
* Manages facilities and establishes material and equipment inventory and tracking systems.
* Expedites both field and home office purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of materials and equipment.
* Supervises receiving, off-loading, storage, and issuance of materials, including blocking and bracing of containers and flat racks
* Trains and supervises personnel in use of DMCS entry and reports.
* Travel to New Zealand and Antarctica to manage shipping operations
* Short term work in Antarctica to oversee and work on receiving operations and container placement.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
* Daily client correspondence and weekly professional presentations.
* 10+ years of Commercial shipping and receiving experience and management.
* Bachelor's Degree in construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience), and typically 6+ years of experience in field construction is a plus. Experience as a Construction Material Specialist on a smaller-scope civil/structural and/or industrial construction project is preferred.
* Proficient PC skills including a familiarity with various software used for inventory control.
* Proven ability for performing in a lead capacity on a project are also required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a military base pass.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.