Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Employee owned Kitchell, a Construction Management firm is seeking a Project Director to join our team in San Jose, CA. The Project Director will plan, direct and ensure the effective execution of project or construction management services on large, complex and high-risk projects. Ensures company standards and values are maintained on the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Directs, leads and is accountable for all phases of the project.
* Ensures project operations are executed in accordance with company project management procedures and policies.
* Plans, directs and is accountable for the achievement of project revenue and profit objectives and effective management of overhead costs.
* Maintains and ensures client satisfaction and effectively resolves complaints when necessary in order to secure repeat business.
* Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished.
* Oversees preparation and maintenance of project budget, construction schedule and master project schedule.
* Oversees preconstruction and construction progress and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget and contractual requirements.
* Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the project to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information.
* Ensures preparation and distribution of construction observation reports, progress status reports, schedules, pay applications and cost control reports.
* Ensures implementation and maintenance of effective document control mechanisms for the project including as builts, submittals and requests for information.
* Maintains high quality standards, understands key process issues and ensures implementation of process improvements for all work on the project.
* Identifies and manages risk on the project, and advises and confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk mitigation actions.
* Assists with strategy development and substantially contributes to business development efforts for assigned projects including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work.
* Actively participates in the business community and builds relationships within the industry to generate and enhance business opportunities.
* Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by project employees and enforces rules fairly and uniformly.
* Proactively manages the training and professional development of project employees.
* Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of the performance management process for project employees.
* Manages the staffing and compensation of project employees in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
* Minimum 15 years' progressive and position related work experience in construction management, and at least 5 years related work experience managing five or more employees required.
* LEED Professional Accreditation preferred.
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction management industry including current conditions and industry network.
* Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required, and project management (Prolog) and scheduling database (P6) software preferred.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a large project team.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
* Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
* Must frequently travel and relocate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowner's insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.15Thank you for your interest in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.The goal of the questions that you have just answered is to help determine if this opportunity would be a good match for you and our company. At this time your qualifications do not match any of our positions. Your application will remain active for 30 days. Please do not reapply during this time period, as your application will register in the system as "Already Applied". Thank you for your interest in employment with us.