Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Ensures cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, mopping, and buffing floors.
* Picking up cardboard and baling plastic.
* Cleans damaged items.
* Weighs damaged goods.
* Loads pallets.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Reports problems to supervisors.
* Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
* Work performed with little or no supervision.
* Seeks out new assignments and expands capabilities, personality, and professionally.
* Follows safety and conduct rules, other regulations, and observes good housekeeping practices.
* Ability to cooperate, work, and communicate with co-workers, supervisors, subordinate and/or outside contacts.
* Adheres to company policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE High School or equivalent experience. Six months to one year of similar or related work experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS * Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
* Must be able to copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; evaluate technical data; and guide people and provide direction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS * Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include clarity of vision at distance of less than 20 inches and up to 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, crawling, feeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, bending, and repetitive motions.
WORKING CONDITIONS The duties for this position are normally conducted in a warehouse environment. There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazard, and temperature extremes. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB Pallet jack and forklifts.