Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
CURRENT COMPASSUS COLLEAGUES: PLEASE APPLY VIA WORKDAY.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Company, among all departments all external stakeholders. The Payroll Administrator directs, supervises, and coordinates functions and activities of the Payroll Department. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
* Ensures proper adherence to organization and department policies, objectives, and operating procedures.
* Creates and maintains payroll procedures and controls, and helping to train and develop the current staff.
* Directs computation of pay according to company policy.
* Directs compilation and preparation of other payroll data such as Wellness and Mileage to import into Payroll system.
* Executes the preparation and payment of deductions/match, such as 401K/Roth and Health Savings Account.
* Inputs Third Party Sick Pay payments into Payroll System monthly, and annually compares vendor report totals to W-2 totals.
* Keys payroll deductions.
* Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
* Directs preparation of government reports and state and federal payroll related tax returns.
* Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy by comparison of timekeeping and data entry systems. Makes corrections in Payroll system.
* Audits Payroll reports for accuracy, prior to completing payroll
* Processes garnishments. Keys into Payroll System, notifies Third Party Vendor of Garnishment, and informs court of changes per state and federal regulations.
* Processes Verifications of Employment.
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
* Issues written and oral instructions.
* Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
* Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
* Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
* Adjusts errors and complaints.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Communication and organizational skills
* Ability to train colleagues
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
* Ability to travel occasionally
* Service oriented approach
* Knowledge of payroll tax rules and regulations
* Understanding of accounting principles
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in business and/or minimum two years of experience in payroll and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Multi-state payroll processing a must. Supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communication skills. The ability to train colleagues.