Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are seeking an experienced technician with printed wired assembly (PWA) and board level experience in testing and troubleshooting discrete components, Integrated Circuits (IC s), Gate Arrays, etc. at the board level.
Under limited supervision, performs testing, troubleshooting, modification, installation, and repair of moderately complex experimental and commercial avionics sub-assemblies, circuit boards, PWA s, and electronic equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Sets up and conducts semi-routine electronic testing (bench, environmental, and electro mechanical testing) records, interprets, and summarizes data and provides reports to management and engineering.
* Sets up and operates various test equipment to include, but not limited to power meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi-meters, and TDRs.
* Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs complex digital and analog circuits down to the component level utilizing electronics troubleshooting techniques following established quality processes, standards, and safety regulations.
* Read and interpret schematic diagrams, test procedures, technical drawings and publications in order to test boards and components and upon failure be able to troubleshoot and find root case of the failure in order to process and correct the failure.
* Capability to perform complex assignments and follow work instructions with little or no direction. Component level troubleshooting at the board level would be a critical skill. Knowledge of Electronic circuits, components, IC s in Analog and Digital circuits is required.
* Good time management skills with the ability to work independently as well as a team contributor.
* Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and organizational demands.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications * Typically requires associate's degree or equivalent with five or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
* Ability to troubleshoot at a component level highly desirable
* Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
* Must have analytical ability to read and understand detailed instructions, drawings and specifications.
* Communication skills necessary to write and record precise information.
* Special skills and expertise to use complex equipment or experimental techniques.
* U.S. citizenship required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance, if needed.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software required,
* Experience with LabView preferred.
* Expected to work extended hours as necessary.