Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
WE ARE HIRING Join our team as a Certified Medical Assistant!
* Float pool CMA for Providence Medical Group
* Needs to have experience as CMA to include phlebotomy and injection experience
* Needs to have transportation with insurance; able to drive to and from any of our medical group loactions
As a CMA with Providence, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
* Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
* Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
* Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
* May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* One or more of the following:
* Medical Assistant Certification obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Completion of a Medical Assistant Program, obtaining a certification at completion
* Previous employment as a CMA strongly preferred
* Previous employment in a medical setting preferred
* Need experience in phlebotomy and injections
Why Join the Providence Family?
* Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. Additionally, our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership s support for their well-being.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)