Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Director, Content Strategy
Walden University has an opportunity for an ambitious and talented Director of Content strategy with equal measures of off-line, print and digital experience. As the Director of Content Strategy, you will be an integral leader of an in-house and outsourced creative team responsible for developing a wide range of compelling, high-quality content from magazines, content hubs, video and webinar content.
Leading creative development from strategy to concept through delivery, the Director of Creative Strategy is responsible for assessing content opportunities and recommending strategies that support the university s business goals. You will provide content strategy recommendations to key leadership and internal teams and guide creative development based on information obtained through content inventories, current-state analysis, site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, qualitative and quantitative research studies, and performance metrics. Additionally, you will work closely with writers, designers, producers and the traffic manager to develop and analyze briefs and refine creative direction across multiple projects and marketing channels. You will build a consistent and effective narrative throughout multiple communications and marketing channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborate with key marketing, product, and research stakeholders to determine and guide creative strategy, content plans, and success metrics. Ensure a steady stream of high-quality content and continually increase engagement scores.
* Analyze content opportunities and recommend creation of new content, or re-purposing of existing content, that supports university business objectives.
* Lead content strategy mapping activities to develop creative targeting various student personas, user journey stages, products, geographies, and marketing channels.
* Oversee twice-yearly Walden magazine, from concept, to development, working with internal editorial board, external writers and designers to produce both the printed and digital version of the magazine.
* Lead the creation of a Brand content hub that includes content from appropriate and brand initiatives -magazine, Acts for Good, Talks for Good, Faces of Walden, etc.
* Lead the webinar team (2 FTEs) and all webinar strategies and initiatives.
* Advise and collaborate with key stakeholders on clear, actionable briefings for content creators.
* Guide internal and external creative resources for content creation and distribution: guide and review copy, design, rich media and video deliverables across multiple channels.
* Lead creation of content calendar for refreshing creative across all platforms.
* Manage RFP process for external creative projects.
* Identify relevant industry trends and make recommendations for creating and promoting relevant content in a timely fashion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s or related experience * More than 10 years of professional experience in content marketing in a digital environment
* Experience managing the sourcing and creation of content, integrating internal and external partners
* Understanding of, and keen interest in, content trends and how they can affect content strategy and marketing models
* Experience working in digital content marketing with a B2B and B2C focus
* Experience collaborating across a variety of functional areas
* Experience working closely with writers, designers, and video production teams
* Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across a variety of platforms
* Ability to handle competing and/or tight deadlines, superior organizational skills and attention to detail required
* Strong and balanced creative and analytical profile
* Ability to manage project budgets.
* Demonstrated drive for improving campaign performance and ROI
* Ability to collaborate with a network of internal and external resources and stakeholders for content sourcing
* Excellent communication and relationship-building skills essential
* The following are a plus:
* Experience working with Google Analytics
* Familiarity with content marketing management platforms as Kapost, Contently, NewsCred, Percolate, or similar
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law..