Posted in General Business 26 days ago.
Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio to treat a range of dermatological conditions. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin.
For more information, please visit www.galderma.com/us.
The position of Accountant – Revenue supports the efforts of the trade support accounting team by applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to analyze and record sales-related reserves, provisions, and accruals; perform revenue recognition review, analysis, and testing; prepare related journal entries and reconciliations; research relevant accounting standards and communicate positions to management or other stakeholders as needed; prepare financial statements and management reports; participate in special projects; and perform ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis for internal management.
• Perform journal entries and reconciliations for alliance revenue, sales-related reserves, provisions, distribution service agreements, and accruals. Backup for detailed monthly corporate reporting of revenue accounting in BIRDS. Verify that transactions are properly supported and in accordance with pertinent policies and are classified and recorded according to acceptable accounting standards
• Perform the revenue import process
• Load SKU level detail into the data warehouse
• Ensure Grant of Authority approval compliance
• Ensure accurate processing of credit for distribution service agreement invoices
• Work closely to support the Planning & Decision Support team in forecasting net sales within acceptable tolerance of actual results by communicating any necessary true-ups and providing key accounting input
• Compile and analyze financial information to interpret and communicate current and projected company financial results to management
• Perform statistical analysis on sales reserves and validate estimates for reasonableness and compliance with relevant accounting standards
• Review existing and prospective revenue arrangements for appropriate recognition in accordance with accounting standards and company policy; communicate relevant positions to the management team as needed
• Research relevant accounting standards to validate company positions, related best practices, and/or industry consensus and communicate to management or other stakeholders as needed via whitepapers or technical memorandums
• Analyze and review sales-cutoff procedures and controls to ensure proper revenue recognition
• Ensure proper accounting for US, Puerto Rico, and additional legal entities
• Prepare financial analytics, reconciliations and commentary for KPMG audit and internal audit requests related to revenue, gross to net deductions, and sales reserves
• Review and enforce related internal controls and coordinate resolution of audit points and recommendations
• Develop nonstandard reports and statements, some of which may involve presentation and analysis, preparing charts, tables and other exhibits to be used in reports
• Lead and coordinate projects related to efficiency and process improvement. Participate in special projects and perform ad-hoc analysis as needed. Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation
Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• Climb stairs or ride elevators.
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
• Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
• Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
• Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
• Very limited travel is required
Travel & Residency
Fort Worth, TX
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of five (5) years of general accounting experience, required
• Minimum of 2-3 years of general accounting experience in a large corporate or Big Four environment is required
• Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in Excel techniques and statistical analysis. Must demonstrate proficiency Word, Access, and MS Office Suite.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in general ledger accounting including preparing, reading, interpreting, and analyzing financial statements
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Oracle or similar large, integrated accounting system
• Experience in researching and applying IFRS (or similar generally accepted accounting principles) to prepare financial statements and footnotes preferred
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.