Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. We are looking for an El Paso Cross Dock Import/Export Assistant to help us achieve our goals.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the El Paso Cross Dock operates in a fully compliant manner. It will also be our direct contact that regularly interfaces with Honeywell US Customs Brokers as well as U.S. Customs. The person will be the first point of contact for the government and this person needs to properly demonstrate company's integrity, describe internal processes and mitigate any potential liability. This position needs to make quick and sound decisions, use good judgment and understand, interpret and apply complex regulations.
The El Paso Cross Dock I mport/Export Assistant has to align the warehouse operations with the US Customs requirements and monitor performance, trouble shoot issues and resolve problems. The position will be required to continually train and indirectly supervise warehouse personnel. The person will be required to understand and improve information flows between ERP system, Brokerage Reports, and inventory on hand that has not been received - identify gaps, make decisions and implement best corrective measures. This person will also need to apply LEAN approach to the process improvement and introduce control plans to ensure proper flow of information.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with US Carriers, US Brokers, and Honeywell manufacturing facilities in Mexico.
• Analyze data, process and physical good flows and team up with operational leaders to generate efficiencies and process improvements in El Paso facility
• Set expectation around performance of ELP Customs brokers and carriers. Monitor external providers and follow up on any identified corrective measures
• Align with Sourcing to develop Supplier scorecard and introduce periodic Supplier performance reviews
• Ensure internal and external audit readiness status of the FTZ operation. • Oversee In-bond processes and operations. • Manage Receipt and Transfer data elements. • Manage 3461s, 7501s, 7512s. • Maintain and update standard broker procedures as required.
• Manage inventory balances at the cross dock to ensure that required regulatory filings are made timely. • • Troubleshoot issues identified with carrier manifest data and follow up on corrective measures. • Train support personnel on In-bond procedures and identify any process deficiencies. Introduce corrective measures and audit process for on-going compliance. • Identify deficiencies around the In-bond process and work with the provider and local ERP IT Support to ensure most efficient information flow. • Maintain and expand working knowledge of Customs regulations and their application to In-bond and cross border issues and overall international trade.
• Create periodic metrics to demonstrate In-bond program overall performance and cost benefit • Team with import personnel to find solutions to border crossing challenges • Understand the product flow outside of ELP cross dock facility and align with other functions to maximize productivity (Sourcing and Logistic) • Team up with other SBUs (HBT, SPS, PMT) to identify and leverage any in-bond efficiencies • Actively pursue any additional duty savings by applying (where eligible) Free Trade Agreements, temporary duty suspensions, and duty preference programs. • Initiate drawback claims where the opportunity is identified.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or other related field
5 years of experience in a cross border environment and/or a related trade compliance function
Bilingual in Spanish
US Customs Brokers License preferred
Customs compliance experience in a manufacturing environment in a major corporation or professional services firm is preferred
Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Ability to multitask
Work efficiently with multiple computer systems and various groups of people and has exceptional program management skills
Proficient in SAP, Excel, Access, Word and Power Point
Works well under pressure.
JOB ID: req231666
Location: 12220 Rojas Dr, Suite 300,El Paso,Texas,79936,United States
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.