Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Help Your Community and Get Paid! Join OnTrac.OnTrac helps companies arrange delivery for goods and medical supplies. We're part of the supply chain that's keeping America running, and we're hiring now!
First and foremost, we take safety seriously. Safety is our company's #1 value, and we are following all of the CDC and WHO guidance for cleaning and social distancing.
OnTrac is hiring!
The Yard Hostler is responsible for safely positioning and maneuvering trailers to and from the dock. Must have experience driving a yard goat and moving trailers into and out of parking spaces, as well as, backing into dock doors.
Sunday-Friday ( hours may vary based on the needs of the business )
Monday-Friday ( Hours may vary based on the needs of the business)
1. Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
2. Properly pretrip and inspect each trailer to meet DOT compliance standards
3. Correctly position trailers on the dock using a yard switcher tractor
4. Switching trailers as needed during the daily sort
5. Hook up sets of trailers for line hauls leaving the facility
6. Clearly communicate all trailer moves and trailer numbers with ops management
7. Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization
Knowledge, Skills, &Abilities:
This position requires:
1. The ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
4. Ability to work at a consistent rate performing highly physical work.
5. Ability to work and make yard moves with the big picture in mind (yard awareness)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in warehouse environment. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to communicate verbally. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel bend, climb, push, pull, twist or crouch. They Physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will regularly lift and /or move up to up to 50 pounds, and occasional lift and/ or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Highschool Diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both. Minimum one year driving experience. Clean driving record required.
Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings, which include physical, lift test, drug test, and background check. Candidates must have the ability to read and understand English and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old, possess valid identification, and be able to pass a TSA screening.
This is a safety sensitive position.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties and working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job; however, management may revise job and tasks based on business needs including emergencies, staffing needs and workload.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description