Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY | Major goals and objectives.
The Content Strategy Manager will join a central team of writers and editors that create ecommerce content across Meredith s editorial brands: Real Simple, People, InStyle, Travel + Leisure, Health, and many more. This role is responsible for guiding the ecommerce content strategy through data and analytics, serving as point editorial contact for traffic and revenue insights. They will help grow affiliate revenue for Meredith s growing Ecommerce business through their strategic insights and recommendations.
They will report to and work closely with the GM of eCommerce Content in coming up with monthly and seasonal content plans and collaborate closely with the Data and SEO teams. They will pull regular revenue reports outlining strategic editorial insights for all editorial brands participating in ecommerce.
This role requires someone who is interested in and experienced working with editorial content and analytics for a digital publication. An interest in ecommerce along with experience creating content is desired. Experience working on an affiliate team at a publisher is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
ACCOUNTABILITIES, ACTIONS AND EXPECTED MEASURABLE RESULTS
* Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide the ecommerce content strategy on a daily basis
* Provide revenue and traffic insights to the editorial teams participating in ecommerce content
* Identify and flag content opportunities to the centralized ecommerce editorial team on a daily basis, using Google Trends and other analytics tools
* Pull regular reporting for the editorial brands to help them understand how their content is performing, and deliver that in an editorial-friendly way
* Identify and carry out a strong commerce content promotional strategy including assisting with our paid spend strategy
* Collaborate closely with ecommerce writers and editors, and various members of the larger affiliate team such as Data and SEO
* Collaborate with social media and newsletter editors within the brands and centralized Growth team including pulling insights for them on a monthly basis
* Run ecommerce content strategy meetings for all brands
* Liaise with the Data team to build custom dashboards to support content data needs
* Attend meetings
* Determine monthly revenue goals for the brands in collaboration with the GM
* Help manage relationships with select partners
JOB REQUIREMENTS | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
4+ years experience in the digital editorial space, specifically in content strategy and analytics.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong analytical skills and a love for data
* Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, Crowd Tangle, and other analytics and social tools
* Knowledge of SEO best practices is desired
* Interest in content and essentially serving as a creative strategist for the ecommerce team
* Comfortable working in a fast paced and matrixed organization
* Methodical in testing ideas over and over again in order to achieve desired results
* Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes
* Excellent communicator and strong organization skills
* Familiar with the Meredith portfolio
% Travel Required (Approximate): 0%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees