Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Beitzel Corporation is an industrial construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in the energy, mining, industrial construction and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) with a company match, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for (1) full-time FOREMAN - MILLWRIGHT GROUP SERVICES. As a FOREMAN , the general role is to provide physical labor and supervision to a wide range of construction trades through various construction, millwright, welding and industrial projects. This is considered a skilled position that requires construction knowledge and aptitude, along with a basic knowledge of construction trades. Projects may include, but not be limited to the following industries and facilities: Construction, Manufacturing, Power Plants, Commercial, Aggregate, Oil and Gas, Factories, Production Plants, Coal, Wind Energy, etc. This position will require a flexible schedule with extensive travel and out-of-town work and the willingness to work extended hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings and possible night shift.
Typical areas of operations include, but are not limited to: MD, PA, OH, WV, VA, and NJ.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Communicating equipment and supply needs to the Laborers as well as the Operations Managers
* Leading jobs in the field and assisting with supervision of daily operations with relation to the job
* Preparing T&M tickets, receipts, and other paper work as required by the job
* Answering calls and questions related to the job, other co-vendors and from other Beitzel employees
* Responding in a timely manner to customer service needs
* Providing physical labor and general labor to trades and to various construction and industrial projects
* Performing welding, pipefitting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, rigging, excavation, ditching, trenching and general labor as required
* Utilizing hand tools and power tools safely and effectively
* Providing detailed paperwork, and documentation to ensure accurate record keeping, billing and inventory
* Maintaining company tools, equipment and vehicles in a professional and workman-like manner
* Following proper safety and incident reporting procedures
* Providing support and supervision for Millwright/Welding Services employees
* In addition, may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer, Welder, Millwright, Carpenter, and possibly Electrician
* Providing troubleshooting to follow a problem to the source and solve the issue
* Helping and training other field personnel as needed
* Willing to work on the off hitch and demonstrate commitment to the job
* Other duties as assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS * Preferred candidates will possess a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of 5 years of experience and general knowledge of worksite safety
* Must possess 5+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial construction setting
* Must possess mechanical skills and experience in a wide variety of industrial jobs
* Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
* Must be dependable, trustworthy, possess a positive attitude, and be willing to work independently or in a team environment
* Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that may include extended work hours and occasional weekends
* Must be able to read, interpret and work from blueprints
* Must possess excellent math skills including adding, subtracting, decimals and fractions
* Must be able to work independently, follow instructions, multi-task while maintaining a clean work area
* Must possess a proven history of Safe Practices and Safety Awareness
WORKING CONDITIONS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: * Regularly walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and turn tools; reach and extend hands and arms; crawl, kneel, lay, and climb ladders
* The employee will frequent lift, handle and maneuver parts and tools and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
* Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
* Required safety equipment: Steel toe and/or metatarsal shoes, protective eye wear, hard hat, hearing protection, protective goggles, masks, face shields, gloves, etc.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS * Must possess a valid state driver s license prior to employment
* This position requires the completion of a thorough background check including driving, employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Organization s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.