Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE . To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Production Hauler is responsible for the safe handling and transfer of finished goods from the production floor to the stocking yard. The Production Hauler also will assist with on-line and off-line production as needed. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. The Production Hauler reports directly to the Production Supervisor or Yard Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: * Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
* Assist with off-line production and conversions as needed
* Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Production or Yard Supervisor
* Track quantity of units produced from the production line
* Assist with Preventive Maintenance program as required
* Maintain proper knowledge of all pipe products and package requirements
* Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
* Maintain proper paperwork and finished goods movements
* Maintain facility and yard housekeeping
* Assist plant personnel with production as needed, including end of shift housekeeping
* Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
* Assist with truck loading as needed
* Conduct visual product quality inspections
* Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
* Stack product according to proper procedures
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge: * Self-motivation
* Forklift & OTR vehicle driving skills
* Written and verbal skills
* Team oriented
* Basic Mathematical skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: * High School Diploma or equivalent
* Previous industrial or manufacturing experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
* The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
* Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
* The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
* The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.