Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
FIRE MANAGEMENT OFFICER - ADVISOR * Share
* JOB ID: 71031233
* JOB FAMILY: Safety, Security & Compliance
* LOCATION: Irwindale, CA US
* OTHER LOCATIONS:
JOIN THE CLEAN ENERGY REVOLUTION
Become a FIRE MANAGEMENT OFFICER working with Business Resiliency at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. You will focus on incident response, coordination with first responders, reporting and informing company operations, and enhancing first responder safety through presentations. Utilize specialized expertise, technical knowledge, and operational experience to analyze complex and dynamic situations with serious (life safety) consequences and make recommendations that drive decision making and operations.
In this ADVISOR role your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A DAY IN THE LIFE - GET READY TO THINK BIG, WORK SMART AND SHINE BRIGHT! * Monitor, respond to, map and report on all fires affecting, or having potential to affect, SCE electric infrastructure and non-electric facilities.
* Represent SCE during fire and other emergency incidents. Serve as a cooperator within the responding agency s incident command system.
* Coordinate SCE s response to incidents: provide information to manage the bulk power system, threat and damage assessment, system restoration; and provide for safe access for SCE personnel and equipment to conduct work.
* Develop and maintain close working relationships with fire and emergency management agencies throughout the service territory.
* Provide urgent and timely incident information to SCE leadership and organizations, including: Grid Operations, Transmission, Distribution, Generation, Telecom, Air Operations, Real Properties, Claims, and the SCE Watch Office.
* Enhance first responder safety by effectively delivering Electrical Safety for First Responders awareness presentations to first responders and SCE employees.
* Provide support to the Business Resiliency where you assist/lead projects or programs such as EOC coverage, Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) program support and others as assigned.
THE ESSENTIALS * Four years of experience in the powerline trade as a journeyman lineman/apprentice lineman.
* Seven years of experience working with, promoting and maintaining safety and related awareness in day to day work.
* One year of experience as a paid or volunteer firefighter.
* Valid Class C California driver s license.
THE PREFERRED * Bachelor s Degree or equivalent technical training or certification as a qualified electrical worker.
* Two years of experience responding to and managing emergencies/incidents for a public agency, utility, or first responder organization (fire suppression, fire behavior, and wildland fire tactics, strategy and safety experience preferred).
* Experience in electric system construction, troubleshooting and restoration.
* Experience as an Agency Representative interacting with emergency response agencies.
* Demonstrated experience training employees, first responders, and/or the public in electrical system operations and safety.
* Experience and education/knowledge in wildland firefighting is preferred.
* Incident Command System (ICS) Certifications preferred: IC, OSC, PSC, LOFR, SOF, and Agency Representative.
* ESRI ArcGIS mapping experience.
* Experience in Aircraft Operations.
YOU SHOULD KNOW * Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
* Relocation may not apply to this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We re fueling the kind of innovation that s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. *LI-JS1