Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is a casual non benefitted position, rotating shifts with weekend and holiday requirement per department needs.
The Radiologic Technologist will perform x-ray procedures including fluoroscopic procedures under the direction of a physician with established methods and procedures, is responsible for patient care, proper operation of all general diagnostic equipment. The radiologic technologist should report to the Medical Imaging Administrative Director, Assistant Director, and /or Radiology Supervisor. Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of Nemours.
1. Responsible for Patient/caregiver interactions and provides accurate preparation instructions to
patient/caregiver with the ability to answer pertinent procedural questions.
2. Knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging protocols, radiation safety and a working knowledge of all radiology equipment.
3. Responsible for patient identification, proper identification of all images, PACS interaction and
documentation. Operates hospital computer system for patient data entry and retrieval.
4. Must have the ability to work well with others, acts as a team member. Ability to work independently
and engage in critical thinking to improve the quality of care.
5. Aids in the training of new personnel, students and physicians.
6. Ensures proper function of equipment by proper usage and maintenance. Reports unsafe conditions and incidents.
7. Regular attendance is required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, must have reliable
transportation and must be able to work on an on-call basis.
8. Good communication skills are required. In addition to accepting feedback, asking questions and active communication with counterparts and all departments.
1. Good communication and listening skills (verbal and non-verbal).
2. Preserve confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and families.
3. Recognizes importance of internal and external processes.
4. Creates and maintains a professional and favorable impression on others by displaying competence and confidence through actions, standards of dress, composure and work performance.
5. Gives accurate information, asks questions and ability to set priorities as dictated by workload.
6. Takes calculated risks- ability to act on basis of own thoughts and experience to overcome obstacles and to create positive outcomes.
7. Communicates effectively with others to accomplish work activities and departmental goals. Includes
conveying pertinent information to fellow technologists and supervisor.
Work hours: This is a casual position; must be able to work any hours 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Education and Training:
ARRT registered or registry elible
Appropriate State Licensure (NJ , DE) obtained within 30 days of start date
CPR certification - optional
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.