Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Ready for a change? S.J. Louis Construction currently has an opening for a Junior Project Manager.
S.J. Louis Construction has hand-built its reputation as a leading national construction contractor specializing in underground utility, tunneling and excavation services. As a national corporation, SJ Louis has the unique advantage to service both public and private markets throughout the country. We currently have an opening for a Junior Project Manager based out of our home office in CENTRAL MINNESOTA.
Why work for S.J. Louis Construction?
Our Company offers an excellent compensation package along with generous benefits to fit your personal needs. We also offer a great 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match.
The right candidate should enjoy some travel and recognize the value of being present at the job site as well as working in our corporate office. You should expect around 30% overnight travel.
* Embrace a high level of safety on the jobsite.
* Develop project budgets and scope of work plans, perform site visits, and review specs and drawings. Secure any permits required for the projects.
* Troubleshoot areas of concern on existing projects. Communicate regularly and consistently with customers, engineers, sub-contractors and construction team to provide periodic complete status updates of ongoing projects. Coordinate pre-construction meetings.
* Ensure compliance with contract requirements through a thorough familiarization and understanding of project specifications.
* Prepare, revise and update the project schedule and job budgets. Review budgets versus actual performance with the Project Superintendent on a periodic basis and take corrective action as necessary.
* Work directly with subcontractors and material suppliers to make certain that all submittals are in order. Manage subcontractors' schedules to ensure timely completion of work. Approve and submit subcontractor invoices for payment.
* Ensure that all extra work is authorized in writing by the owner prior to starting additional work and all appropriate change order documentation is prepared and executed.
* Ensure field materials are ordered and delivered timely for efficient project execution.
* Assist with the project transfer from Estimators, including project take offs and buyout.
* Complete sub-contracts and purchase orders as necessary.
* Prepare and submit pay applications, RFI's, RFC's, etc. as necessary.
* College degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in heavy civil underground utilities construction.
* Estimating background helpful.
* Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer proficiency, including use of Excel, Word & Outlook.
* Ability to travel approximately 30% with overnight stays.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary requirement for consideration or apply online at www.sjlouis.com.