Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
PacArctic (PAC) is currently looking for an experienced Senior Web Front-End Developers/Engineers to develop, maintain, upgrade, migrate existing and new OIG websites based on Drupal CMS platform. The Developer will support PAC and our government customer in the Arlington, VA area.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Responsibilities & Duties performed are as follows:
* Evaluate existing OIG website hosted in a Drupal environment
* Work with other team members to support migrating the existing website with no data loss and minimal downtime from Drupal version 7 to Drupal version 8 or higher version as relevant at the time of task order award
* Create and modify Drupal themes that are responsive and seek approval from stakeholders and EX/IT management. Estimate the effort required to execute interface designs and implement functionality.
* Integrate and modify existing and new Drupal modules based upon OIG website design requirements to achieve required functionality
* Create a design and implement integration of external components and/or cloud services such as website search services, content subscription services, reporting services, analytics and business intelligence services in the Drupal environment.
* Perform website migration with no data loss and minimal downtime while following industry best practice IT security requirements. The migration must be completed within six months after start of work on this task order. Migration activities include Drupal platform (any existing customizations and integrations) as well as all migration of all website content
* Meet with stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancing and/or modifying existing and migrated websites
* Create wireframes for user interface and user experience working with stakeholders for existing and new user-intuitive front-end designs as needed
* Perform usability testing with multiple platforms and browsers to ensure easy navigation, proper layout, page load speed and order, user friendly-ness
* Get IT management approval for enhancements and implement all changes with no downtime or data loss
* Provide continuous ongoing operational support (including performance issues such as website slowness, website availability, break fix) for existing and future Drupal environments including minor/major version upgrades, security patches, module updates and new module installations. Test new software in development environment and follow OIG processes to promote new code/software to production environments.
* Utilize a mature process to manage the software development and operations tasks by using various industry standard tools and processes such as software source code repositories, bug/issue tracking software and automated build/release and deployment tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrated strong and current skills and experience analyzing and implementing independent government IT infrastructures
* Extensive experience deploying new infrastructure requirements in government IT offices
* Demonstrated experience planning new programs and initiatives to address problems identified in situational assessments
* Substantial understanding of enterprise, platform, industry, and solution architecture best practices
* Demonstrated experience preparing clear and concise reports to and present to senior leadership
* Demonstrated experience providing logical and consistent recommendations for change based on industry best practices
* Demonstrated knowledge of statutes, standards, guidance, mandates, and regulations governing Federal IT systems and networks
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with website architecture, design and migration
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with selecting web hosting software with content management system (CMS)
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with Drupal CMS, Drupal headless, Azure hosting, web server configuration, database in-tegration, public website security, DNS, integration with other applications and/or plugins, organizational branding.
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with building mobile responsive websites
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with social media integration, search engine optimization, web statistics per federal gov-ernment guidelines/tools
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with project management for complex web projects
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with user interface and user experience design for websites, experience using graphical design tools to create/manipulate images, PowerPoint presentations, posters, handouts, brochures etc.
* Demonstrated strong and current skills creating code using web frameworks such as but not limited to Bootstrap, Zurb, LESS, SASS etc.
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with web tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, Chrome Inspector and similar tools
* Ability and willingness to use OIG approved development tools in OIG approved development environments
* Demonstrated strong and current skills with DevOps methodology
* Demonstrated skills with Section 508 compliance requirements
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Includes travel to local, remote and out of state locations.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Security Clearance Secret
About our Company
PacArctic provides high-end federal acquisition support services, cultural resource surveys, professional facility management and critical infrastructure protection, as well as business transformation and process improvement services. Additionally, PacArctic provides program management of specialized IT services such as employee assistive technologies, photogrammetry utilization for native rock art recording, and geographic information systems (GIS) program management for transportation planning