Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian, national security, and defense agencies, operating free of commercial and political bias. For nearly 60 years, LMI has worked with 40 government agencies. From the departments of Defense to Health and Human Services, LMI is honored to support the government's mission and people around the globe. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking, mission-driven people who share that conviction.
The Strategic Communications Specialist will provide consulting, management and analytical support specifically related to logistics, supply chain management, maintenance policy and acquisition. The work will be performed at a Department of Defense (DoD) client site in the Pentagon (Arlington, VA).
* Oversee communications for the Diagnostics and Testing Line of Effort.
* Responsible for building and moving high-level and multifaceted communication strategy.
* Draft content, manages internal communications (newsletters, press releases), and organize initiatives and assist with planning events or press conferences.
* Works with OSD Public Affairs Officers (PAO).
* Coordinates with other CVTF LOEs and DoD offices to ensure Department's COVID-19 efforts are messaged in the most succinct, thorough, and transparent manner possible.
* Staffs/Manages RFIs.
* Undergraduate degree required.
* 5+ years experience in DoD communication strategy. Prior military or DoD civilian/contractor experience (preferred).
* Executive level support experience, experience within DoD and other federal agencies.
* Experience in leading and providing technical guidance and direction involving multiple projects of high complexity.
* Good quantitative and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written (required).
* High energy, enthusiasm, tact, ability to effectively interact with senior executives from Government and industry as well as Pentagon staff members.
* Ability to create and foster a cooperative work environment.
* Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
* Availability for occasional travel.
* Active Secret Clearance with the ability to upgrade to TS/SCI is required..
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.