Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Business Analyst Gas Control West
Reference Code: 72250
Location: United States (US) - Houston, TX
Job Category: Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/29/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Natural gas Pipeline team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Houston, Texas.
We are seeking a driven Business Analyst who has strong analytical and computer skills to work in the Gas Control group for several U.S. based natural gas pipeline & storage companies. The individual would also support our Monitoring Center Desk functions.
The Monitoring Center performs administrative duties within the control room, answering the emergency line, call on all measurement, communication alarms and assisting the controllers with rollover calls. This function allows the controller to focus on their primary job of monitoring the pipeline, looking for AOC s, responding to Alarms, and collaborating with customers/other interconnects. The Desk also works with Gas Control Support, Control Room Support, Operations Planning, and various other internal stakeholders to ensure efficient operations of the pipelines and to effect changes where necessary to adapt to this growing market.
What you ll do
* Handle of all Emergency calls during the day shift for both Far west and Central pipes
* Assist ANR controllers with the monitoring on the G2 ProCA notifications (single source fed towns)
* Facilitates all the meter test calls and reports to the appropriate console
* Generate daily reports in support of various internal and external stakeholders
* Assist with managing the M1 s (measurement alarms) for the controllers and input the notifications into SAP and run the end of day report
* Respond to all non-immediate calls out on the following business days to assist Gas Control and Field Operations on unnecessary call outs during the night
* Provide analytical support, maintaining dashboards and reports to various departments to identify improvement opportunities
* Collect, analyze and support the presentation of operational data to management
* Create and manage support tools and metrics for improving system efficiency
* Ad hoc project work supporting the re-invention of how we manage our business
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field is required
* 4+ years of professional experience in business intelligence or data analysis
* 2-5 years experience with diverse pipeline systems preferred.
* Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills
* Proficiency Microsoft Excel
* Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Remains calm, effective and even-tempered in high-pressure circumstances or in confusing, chaotic, or demanding situations
* Good planning, organization, and teaming skills
* Candidate must be a quick learner
* Some natural gas pipeline industry experience and knowledge of pipeline operations is a plus
* Ability to organize and complete activities on multiple projects concurrently and in a timely manner
* Ability to analyze results and identify areas for improvement
* Must excel in communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic) and possess excellent customer service skills required to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Functions well in a team-based environment
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 92,600-kilometre (57,500-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 09/29/2020 using reference code 72250. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Business Analyst, ERP, Supply, SAP, Finance, Technology, Operations.