Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Reference Code: 73081
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Construction Management; Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/29/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our US Gas Projects Commissioning team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Charleston, WV.
We are seeking a driven Commissioning Lead who has knowledge and experience in commissioning, startup, and turnover activities for projects sponsored by various lines of business and internal departments while working in collaboration with internal resources and external contractors. The natural gas industry is experiencing amazing growth and expansion that creates an exciting opportunity and the work environment will be intense with tight timeframes requiring dedication and extreme focus. The successful candidate will be required to perform under stressful conditions while demonstrating a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
The location of this position is flexible and may be filled at other company locations in the U.S., depending on the location of the successful candidate
What you ll do
* Lead, manage and assure compliance with TC Energy commissioning process guidelines, policies, and procedures, as well as industry standards to ensure project quality delivery
* Champion all TC Energy policies and procedures including but not limited to Safety, Regulatory, Environmental, etc. Care enough to act on identified gaps in execution of procedures up to and including Stop Work authority. Exercise situational awareness over all site activities including construction, commissioning, operations, and any other activities on and off site
* Work under the Project and Construction Manager s direction for commissioning activities and creating required commissioning documents. Includes requesting needed documents from engineering and construction (i.e. control philosophies, cause-effect documents, POs, P&IDs, electrical drawings, etc.)
* Develop and maintain commissioning schedules, working with scheduling personnel from contractors, subs, and project controllers; Ensure logic is accurate and that the flow of activities required is effectively communicated
* Review contractor pre-commissioning and turnover plans and schedules
* Receive vendor commissioning documents and coordinate their activities in conjunction with construction; update and maintain vendor documents for each project
* Develop commissioning scopes and request quotes for commissioning activities if required and send to Project Management Team for review and submission for PO or CO
* Establish and run regular monthly, weekly, or daily commissioning meetings depending on site activities and timing, deliver progress reports and maintain good communication throughout the project with Project and Construction Management teams
* Manage site pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing of systems and the turnover of the commissioned facility to Integration, Operations, and Maintenance in accordance with the commissioning process and schedules
* Compile or assist in compiling all turnover documentation, operations manuals, commissioning documentation (Plans, Forms, Sign-offs, etc.), copies of as-builts, vendor commissioning forms, and software discs for turnover to Integration, Operations, and Maintenance personnel, and make sure all IT Systems and Networks are updated
* Proactively manage changes in project commissioning scope, identify potential issues, and develop contingency plans by working with the Project and Construction Management team
* Ensure that all required on-the-job training and technical support during commissioning are in place prior to and during commissioning. Work with Integration to ensure any follow-up training is established for turnover of the Project to Integration, Operations, & Maintenance.
* Assist Commissioning team in developing best practices and tools for project commissioning to improve the process and commissioning procedures
* Recognize challenges and issues that impact commissioning, document them appropriately, identify solutions to those challenges by working with the Construction Management team to implement
* Other Commissioning tasks as required
* Graduation from a 2-3 year technical school or Associate's degree in a related discipline
* 6-8 or more years of related experience in the oil & gas industry
* High proficiency with Microsoft applications, scheduling software, and project management applications
* Experience with and understanding of project execution related to commissioning of compressors & turbines, safety systems, and automated / pneumatic controls
* General knowledge of multiple Engineering disciplines, civil, electrical and mechanical
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including mechanical piping, civil and electrical schematics, etc.
* Experience at managing to a project schedule and coordinating contract personnel and service providers to achieve project start-up safely and timely
* Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local codes, procedures, policies, regulations, and best practices within the industry
* Understanding of technical documents including vendor contracts / agreements, and engineering specifications, procedures and commissioning related documentation, etc.
* Ability to obtain various operator qualifications, certifications as required to perform job safely
* Ability to manage work schedule, travel, etc. independently and without consistent supervision
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver s license and safe driving record
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
* Be subject to extended workdays and/or workweeks as required
* Travel (60-80%) to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training and commissioning activities which will require overnight stays away from home
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy may be headquartered in Canada, but the U.S.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.