Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
NURSE MANAGER - MATERNAL FETAL MEDICINE CLINIC
Requisition #: 279244
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
Qualifications for the Nurse Manager - Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic :
* Five years of experience as a Registered Nurse
* Minimum of three years supervisory experience on a related unit
* Masters of Science degree in nursing from an accredited program (applicants without the required degree may be considered provided they are currently enrolled or to be enrolled in an MSN program within 1 year of hire)
* Active MD nurse licensure or other compact state
Will assume Management responsibilities such as:
* Personnel processes including staffing vacancies, personnel management, payroll practices, and performance review processes, and risk management
* Mentoring and managing others to promote quality, safety, and excellence in clinical care.
* Assuring that short-term problems are satisfactorily handled.
* Promoting and identifying quality improvement initiatives (clinical, financial, operational) that are aligned with departmental and organizational safety and operational goals.
* Identifying methods to promote cost-effective use of resources. Managing revenue and expense components of the unit budget.
* Works collaboratively with, and provides leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance and patient outcomes.
* Effective knowledge Hospital policy and procedures; Regulatory Standards
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.