Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Part Time
WHO ARE WE*
K12 Produces Results
Get To Know (WAVA) !
Washington Virtual Academies
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The mission of WAVA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
A Para Professional or Para Educator works in schools to support students with special needs and who may require additional assistance. They work closely with the school's certified teachers, and school administrators to implement instruction and support that help students to continue making academic gains. This role supports students who are part of WAVA's learning assistance program (LAP).
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Assist teachers in delivering instruction using differentiated methods to support students in the LAP program;
* Co-teach and collaborate with LAP teachers, general education teachers and learning coaches to share strategies for modifications, accommodations and interventions;
* Utilize knowledge of state standards and testing requirements to assess students for mastery and validate student learning;
* Prepare students for standardized tests; Assist with testing for local and state assessments;
* Facilitate regular communication with students, parents, teachers, coaches, staff, administrators and other legitimate stakeholders regarding student performance, progress and academic expectations;
* Work generally to establish and maintain positive relationships with families;
* Track student progress and motivate students using incentives that reinforce individual goals;
* Enter documentation and perform other record-keeping in appropriate systems;
* Provide necessary reports;
* Participate in meetings regarding students;
* Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and professional development (virtual and face-to-face);
* Solve day-to-day problems presented by staff and students;
* Collaborate with the LAP team and school in developing an LAP program;
* Participate as a member of the Response to Intervention process, if asked to;
* Promote a positive school environment by holding students accountable for all school and classroom rules and policies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university
* Have earned 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits at the 100 level or higher at an accredited college or university
* Have completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator, in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
* Integrity/Ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support company values, and convey good news and bad.
* Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
* MS 365 Web proficiency.
* Ability to clear required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.