Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The Regional Finance Manager provides a broad range of financial services to one or more schools within an assigned region including delivering/overseeing the delivery of financial support, and operating as a project manager working across multiple functions within the K12 organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects.
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Oversees delivery of financial services to school(s); Prepares/provisions financial reporting and other analytics; Oversees/Assists in developing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and variance analysis;
* Implements and ensures compliance with the Company's and school's finance policies, internal controls and business processes; Manages school audits and ensures all tax filings are prepared and submitted;
* Becomes expert in school financials for states in which they manages school(s); Files statutory reports by state;
* Interacts with and provides financial support to School Board(s); Manages financial communication with School Board(s);
* Functions as project manager on local and corporate financial initiatives, working across multiple functions within the organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects/objectives;
* Prepares submissions for state and federal funding programs in a timely and accurate manner to include funding determinations, audit responses, and interim financial reports;
* Assists in the development of grant and other funding opportunities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Math or a related field AND
* Five (5) years of related experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
* Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
* Strong research and analysis skills
* Able to work well as part of a team
* Customer service orientation
* Possess very good communication skills - written and verbal
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
* Ability to pass required background check
* Previous "Big 4" work experience
* Master's degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Math or related field
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is an office based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.