Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Office of Mission & Capability Support (MCS).
Technology and threats evolve rapidly in todayu2019s ever-changing environment. In response, DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges. Within S&T, MCS analyzes, introduces, and enhances technological products, services, systems, and capabilities. These technological solutions are then able to be used by stakeholders and agencies in the Homeland Security Enterprise, such as: the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the US Coast Guard (USCG), US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), First Responders, the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), US Secret Service (USSS), and the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Role functions may include:
* Providing support to executive-level Strategic Mission Managers in planning, assessment, and advice in the following areas: strategic and operational planning, infrastructure enhancement, and conceptual development.
* Organizing, directing, and coordinating planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects.
* Providing support to Portfolio Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
* Reviewing documents for grammar, structure, and clarity, as well as technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations.
* Providing assistance in managing and responding to S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compiling information, and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
* Performing routine tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, writing internal memos, filing, intranet website maintenance, records maintenance, and coordinating daily operations of the assigned program.
* Attending meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to assist with meeting minutes or other administrative-related duties.
* Providing data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
* Supporting the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including: coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation materials.
u2022 Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clientsu2019 emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. Participate on proposals
* Either a Bacheloru2019s degree and 10 years of experience or a Masteru2019s degree and 5 years of experience.
* Experience in managing engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of projects.
* Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Applicants selected must be eligible to receive DHS Suitability.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities. Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools.
* Experience providing guidance, feedback, and consulting services to senior government officials (GS-15/SES).
* Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
* Demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support to programs and projects serving DHS Mission Areas such as Cyber Security, Border & Immigration Enforcement, Preparedness and Disaster Response, and Infrastructure Protection.
* Experience monitoring project development performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
* Experience facilitating resolution of customer requirements, including helping to identify and document capability gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.
* Experience preparing and reviewing presentations, reports, project schedules and weekly status inputs.
* Experience supporting the development and production of architectures, organizational charts, and operations plans and procedures, to include program Standard Operating Procedures.
* Experience supporting DHS components and agencies either operationally or through project management.
* Security Clearance and DHS Suitability are preferred
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.