Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Collects, transports, and properly disposes of trash, linen, and bio-hazardous materials following established safety protocols.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures.
* Identifies, transports, and disposes of trash, chemicals, linen, and biohazardous materials using proper safety procedures.
* Performs cleaning functions as assigned; properly operates cleaning equipment as designated.
* Recognizes safety hazards and acts accordingly.
* Maintains high standards; works steadily at efficient pace; achieves high customer satisfaction scores.
* Interacts hospitably, cheerfully, and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
* Maintains equipment, tools and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects Hospital and Company property.
* Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc.
* Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and Hospital staff.
* Honors department s attendance, break, behavior, dress and safety codes.
* Accepts and absorbs Department and Hospital education program.
* Exercises good judgment while working around patients and visitors. Remains professional at all times.
* Takes initiative in rendering service or responding to needs.
* Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
* Performs other duties as assigned - Including but not limited to: pulling trash/linen in patient rooms and assisting housekeepers with cleaning rooms.
Skills: Experience buffing, stripping, finishing, burnishing and waxing floors is preferred.
Command of English strongly preferred.
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Physical Functions: Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneeling, bending, and extending for prolonged periods. REQUIRES LIFTING UP TO 75 POUNDS AND PUSH/PULL A WHEELED CART. Ability to work in a fast paced health care environment. There is exposure to chemicals on a constant basis requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
Contacts: Department and Hospital staff, patients, visitors and general public.
Usually inside, well ventilated and lighted areas. Will use chemicals for housekeeping and project procedures.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.