Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We re the world s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we ve been expecting you!
The Product Management organization at Panasonic Avionics Corporation is chartered define, design and manage the timely launch, and manage the product life cycle technical and financial performance, of market-leading products and services that improve PAC competitive positioning, accelerate revenue growth and maximize earnings. Reporting to Senior Director Product Management, the Director, Aftermarket Services Product Management leads a team of Product Managers and Technical Product Managers responsible for the assigned product(s) within a product line. The Director Product Management will be held accountable for meeting product performance metrics in supporting Business Units objectives, while integrating cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Marketing, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Finance, Account Management and Sales.
* Partners with Business Unit(s), Account Management, and Sales teams to develop product growth strategy that delivers more values to customers than next best alternatives.
* Responsible for product offering definition (make/buy/partner), positioning, product competitive analysis, technology/product roadmap, business cases, value pricing, Go-To-Market plan across the targeted market segments.
* Develops, decomposes, and allocates product business requirements (technical and non-technical) to cross-functional teams.
* Provides sales collateral to Sales and Account Management teams. Partners to develop channel strategy and channel effectiveness metrics.
* Manages integrated product life cycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, cost reduction, obsolescence, and strategic resource allocation.
* Works with Product Management Process leader to mature Product Management roles in cross-functional decision making, such as, pricing, make/buy, R&D prioritization, design reviews, manufacturing reviews, supplier qualification, IP protection, IP licensing, M&A.
* Works with Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to improve cost estimate accuracy, identify opportunities for productivity improvement, and drive for insertion of innovative effective design/certification methodologies. Escalate issues when necessary.
* Manage organization development, employee performance, succession planning, and strategic workforce planning.
* Other tasks when assigned.
* An analytical thinker who is able to organize data into logical fashion, and present insights in concise way to business leaders.
* A business man/woman who understands IFEC and/or Digital Aviation market trends, business models; is comfortable with product positioning, go-to-market plan, value pricing, product/technology roadmap, competitive strategy, new product launch, financial analysis (income, cash flow), and business valuation.
* A lead-by-influence practitioner who is good at driving cross-functional project teams to meet demanding cost/schedule/scope objectives.
* A customer champion who embraces listening to customers and is skillful of translating customer needs.
* A technologist who understands and innovates in dependable computing, networking, software architecture, analytics; has dealt with at least 2 different products.
* An influential leader who learns all the time, communicates effectively, champions changes across functions, drives results aggressively, and is comfortable dealing with seemingly conflicting situation.
* Strong executive presence.
* Highest level of integrity, honesty, and credibility.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Marketing with 10+ years working experience in aviation (or relevant) industry.
* MBA degree preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in strategic marketing, product marketing, product management, or business development. *
Minimum 3 years of employee management experience.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in the IFEC industry preferred.
* Familiar with IFE or avionics airplane installation projects, airline operations and/or electronics manufacturing preferred.
* 20% travel
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.