Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At the heart of QIAGEN s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to collaborate with product development scientists to analyze complex genomic data (primarily NGS reads) and develop data analysis algorithms and pipelines. The data analysis pipelines supports both internal product development needs and also customer-facing services. The position requires both strong coding ability and expertise in analysis of genomic data.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with molecular biologists on analysis of NGS data for development of new products for a wide range of applications (e.g. targeted DNA sequencing and variant calling, single-cell RNA sequencing, bacteria/viral metagenomics, epigenomics, RNA fusion detection, etc.).
- Evaluate NGS data analysis methods published in peer-reviewed literature, and extend them to develop and deploy state-of-the-art NGS data analysis solutions for both internal R&D work and for our customers.
- Use data analysis to refine and optimize the design of assays (e.g. PCR primers, hybridization capture probes, etc.) for a wide range of NGS and qPCR/dPCR applications.
- PhD or MS degree with equivalent experience, in bioinformatics, computer science, or molecular biology.
- At least three years of experience analyzing genomic data from NGS reads. Experience with all stages of next generation sequence analysis: quality control, genome alignment, variant calling, annotation, etc. Experience using common sequence handling and analysis tools (e.g., GATK , BWA, BEDTools, VCFtools, SAMtools, IGV, STAR, Kallisto, etc).
- Experience writing code to manipulate and analyze complex genomic measurements and annotations.
- Proficiency writing Python code in a Linux environment.
- Skills in machine learning, classification, statistical modeling, etc. are a plus.
- Experience analyzing metagenomic data from bacteria, virus, and fugus DNA/RNA is a plus.
- Experience designing assays for NGS target enrichment or for qPCR quantification is a plus.
- Experience with multiple sequencing applications (e.g., DNA variant calling, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-C, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with multiple sequencing platforms (e.g. Illumina, Ion/Proton, PacBio, Oxford Nanopore) is a plus.
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker) , version control systems (e.g. git), and major cloud provider tools (e.g. Google Compute Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services) are also helpful.
The successful must work daily directly with internal product development scientists as well as sales and marketing teams. The candidate must also be able to develop and support high quality data analysis pipelines in an environment without professional software engineering support.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.