Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Seeking a Nurse Manager to help lead our incredible Oncology team. Together, we serve the needs of local patients who are undergoing treatment for cancer and blood disorders, as well as other chronic illnesses. The right candidate for this job should be someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about oncology, dedicated to professional excellence and best practice, compassionate, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and leads by word and example.
* POSITION SUMMARY
* The Manager of Oncology and Infusion Therapy Services exercises independent judgment in the direction, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of nursing care provided for patients with complex illnesses requiring outpatient chemotherapy, transfusions and/or infusion therapy. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Oncology and Infusion Therapy Services including management of personnel, direction of patient care and management of resources. This position works effectively and collaboratively with Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Administration, support and ancillary services personnel. Other duties may be required as delegated by the Regional Director of Oncology & Infusion Therapy.
* REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: BSN and certification in Oncology Nursing preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Maine. BCLS Certification required. OCN preferred or within 2 years of hire.
* EXPERIENCE: Five years in acute care nursing, previous oncology nursing and previous charge experience required.
* Completion of a Chemotherapy Administration course required.
* Strong organizational skills with extensive knowledge of Oncology Nursing standards.
* Strong leadership and communication skills with a team orientation.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.