Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Part Time
Maine Medical Center is seeking an experienced Spiritual Care professional to join their team.
The Department of Spiritual Care Services recognizes the importance of the relationship between spirituality and physical health, and the essential support provided by pastoral and spiritual caregivers. We are devoted to supporting patients and their loved ones in challenging times. Our staff come from many faith traditions and diverse backgrounds. We uphold Maine Medical Center's values by respecting the beliefs of those served and providing services without prejudice.
Our Per Diem Chaplain positions average 16 hours per week. Must be flexible and willing to support the Spiritual Services Team with evening, night, and weekend shifts as needed.
The Call Chaplain functions as a team member of the Department of Spiritual Care and provides spiritual, emotional and religious care to patients, families and staff of all faiths and/or no recognized faith tradition in emergency situations such as end of life, trauma, moral distress, and urgent questions of meaning and value. The on call chaplain primarily serves the patients, families and staff at Maine Medical Center during second and third shifts and weekend shifts.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* EDUCATION: UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE AND AT LEAST ONE UNIT OF ACPE-ACCREDITED CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION (CPE) REQUIRED. Master in Divinity or Theology and four units of ACPE-accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred.
* LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
* EXPERIENCE: 2 years of professional ministry in congregation or institutional setting strongly preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate empathetic reflective listening skills.
* Computer skills as needed in the clinical environment.
* Spiritual care assessment skills.
* Communicate clearly, accurately and collaboratively.
* Ability to be productive during late night and early morning shifts.
* Critical thinking and research aptitude.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.