Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of water transmission and distribution system and facilities. Including but not limited to installing, maintaining, repairing, replacing and locating mains, hydrants, services and other related facilities.
• Perform all functions of the position in a safe and conscientious manner, with constant regard for the safety of fellow employees and the general public.
• Use technology to prepare requisitions and/or reports to appropriately maintain service records.
• Operates and maintains assigned compressor and all related tools and equipment.
• Works with and assists the Utility Person(s) assigned to work with the Compressor Operator.
• Breaks up asphalt and concrete, using pneumatic power tools or other tools; manually digs ditches in preparation of laying or removing pipe or service lines; maneuvering pipe sections, valves and fittings in to position.
• Manual digging of valve boxes and curb boxes using shovel and digging bar.
• Guide pipe sections, valves and fittings into position and holds pieces steady while working to tighten connections.
• Tighten pipe connections to prevent leaks using wrenches and other hand tools as required.
• Tapping into pressurized water mains.
• Flaring and connecting copper piping.
• Installation of repair clamp on pressurized water mains and service lines.
• Operating of valves and fire hydrants. Investigates complaints and determines corrective action needed per company procedure.
• Operating pneumatic and/ or hydraulic boring equipment.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver equipment and materials of varying weights up to 100 lbs.
• Completes all necessary forms, sketches and field notes and be knowledgeable of usage of maps and records.
• Performs facility mark-outs pursuant to Pennsylvania One-Call.
• Drives vehicles and/ or trucks in performance of general job, including housekeeping of vehicles.
• To conduct work as assigned by the supervisor and to assist other personnel as required.
Licenses & Certifications
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.