Accountable for the overall client satisfaction and client management activities within a group of assigned clients. Develops service and maintain client relationships for assigned accounts. Responsible for the satisfaction and retention of existing major client accounts. Develops and implements strategies and policies relating to account management and profitable market access with an emphasis on increasing sales in line with business unit targets. Works with clients to support and understand their overall business goals and critical success factors including client service and financial expectations. Responsible for representation of a diverse product portfolio across multiple business units.
• Leads, helps develop and implements client service programs which directly support both tactical and strategic service needs of the client and Company goals. Identifies, recommends, and implements process improvements, service model changes, and client satisfaction tools to ensure a positive account relationship which fosters client retention.
• Negotiating contracts as well as ensuring smooth implementation and pull through of contracts through collaboration across all responsible teams (C&P, Operations, etc.).
• Develops, implements, and assesses a client services models targeted at optimizing client satisfaction and retention. May play an integral role in a team approach in closing a potential client.
• Provide overall strategic and tactical leadership of collaborative initiatives with field sales personnel within region. Develop and maintain strong alliance efforts with internal teams to ensure access and pull-through of products and/or programs.
• Implements and executes account strategies for high profile, strategic customers in collaboration with Sales/Account Management leadership.
• Manage customer relationships, and identifies opportunities within existing customers to increase account penetration, and capitalize on contract opportunities.
• Develops and fosters positive inter-and intra-departmental working relationships with other departments and business units. Responsible for providing a collaborative customer-facing, problem-solving environment with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and systems with the vision of enhancing Company market leadership. May be required to act as liaison between National Account Director and regional accounts.
• May be responsible for achieving budgeted sales within assigned region or assigned accounts.
• Provides coaching, mentoring, counseling and training as directed by Sales leadership.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine's 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience of direct or indirect (such as marketing, contracting, implementation) client/account management responsibilities OR High School/GED and at least 10 years of experience of direct or indirect (such as marketing, contracting, implementation) client/account management responsibilities.
Experience collaborating with internal or external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees.
Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
At least 1 year of cross-functional team leadership experience.
Willing to travel up to 60% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).