Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
We are seeking an enthusiastic design engineer to join the Low Power Electronics group, working out of Draper s satellite office in St. Petersburg, Florida. This is an entry to mid-level electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering fundamentals for the execution of sensor/actuator development projects within the Electronics Division. Members of the Low Power Electronics group support a variety of multi-disciplinary programs lasting an average of 12 to 18 months each. In addition to working on sponsored programs, group members are also encouraged to develop and participate in internally funded research and development programs.
Staff at the St. Petersburg office work closely with the USSOCOM customer to prototype solutions to current problems facing the modern day warfighter. They are expected to work both from the Draper office and at local government facilities. The candidate needs to be a team player, self-directed, and work well in a multidisciplinary environment.
* System architecture design
* Analog and digital hardware design, development, and testing
* Schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout
* Collaboration with software, RF, and other hardware engineers
- MSEE or BSEE and significant project experience
- 3+ years overall experience in mixed-signal electronic design
- Motivated self-starter with good interpersonal skills
- Outstanding technical capability
- Above average technical presentation skills
- Demonstrated team experience (preferably multi-disciplinary)
- Up to 20% travel may be required
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with USSOCOM or other government customers
- Active and current US Government security clearance
- Experience with power system development and battery management systems
- Knowledge of military radios and understanding of RF systems
- C/C++ embedded programming experience
- Understanding of embedded Linux operating systems
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.