Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
KLA has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
We are looking for an Associate Test Engineer who will be involved with the testing of new technologies. In this position you will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make routine recommendations. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, continuous learning environment while working on industry leading technology, we want to hear from you! In addition, you will:
* Perform set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
* Determine and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
* Test and troubleshoot assemblies and/or final systems, and complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
* Prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
* Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
* Perform ongoing daily work with minimal instruction, and with general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
* May provide work assignment direction and technical training to peers
Adaptability, Collaborates, Communication, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Drives Results, Innovation, KLA Values, Problem Solving, Work Processes
* You have hands-on experience in electrical component level testing, troubleshooting and repair.
* Ability to work in a clean room environment is required.
* You have experience with systems development and testing, including formulating system level requirements, test specifications and test results.
* Hands on experience using Oscilloscopes and DVM analysis tools and equipment is preferred.
* You are able to use and manipulate a variety of fine adjustment hand tools, torque wrenches and calipers.
* You work effectively across different functional teams in different locations.
* You demonstrate excellent written and oral interpersonal skills in English.
* You demonstrate excellent organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization.
* You are dedicated and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
* You hold a Technical Certificate, or AS degree, or military technical training experience, or equivalent vocational training in a technical discipline and a minimum of 1 years of related experience. A BSEE, BSEET or similar degree in an engineering discipline is strongly preferred.
* A demonstrated ability to work with little or no instruction on routine work, and with general instructions on new assignments.
* You have prior hands-on experience testing digital and/or analog components and systems.
* You are able to demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend complicated drawings, mathematics, and handbook formulas, and use a variety of testing and measuring instruments.
* A willingness to learn, collaborate effectively within and across teams, and strive for continuous improvement.
* You are able to work extended hours, including weekends.
* You are able to stand, sit, bend, and periodically lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
* LabView, Linux and MS Office suite software knowledge is a plus
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.