Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
Product Development Engineer in semiconductor thin film and OCD metrology tools; main responsibility including hardware integration, product qualification and Alpha/Beta tool installation and testing at beta sites. This Engineer will work closely with other Engineers to roll out BKMs, translate BKM into procedures for manufacturing and GSS, and provide significant input into documentation. Other responsibilities include support for manufacturing and field escalations. This engineer will need to travel to domestic and international customers sites.
- Gain a systems-engineering level knowledge of highly complex, leading edge metrology systems by working with design engineers during the development process.
- Assess system optics, electronics, software, and mechanics with respect to design for reliability, stability, and serviceability.
- Help develop, and validate maintenance, troubleshooting, and part replacement procedures, BKMs (best known methods) and Recipes.
- Leverage alpha and beta tool builds and customer engagements to obtain a level of systems understanding that will allow you to support the product post release.
- Support internal and external customers in the operation, installation, upgrade, diagnosis, repair and application of semiconductor wafer metrology systems.
- Respond to situations where first-line support has failed to resolve problems by providing written plans of action by e-mail or hands-on assistance at customer sites in the US, Asia, and Europe.
- Train technical support personnel and assist in developing training materials.
- Gather and analyze data from the field to identify sources of systematic issues across tool populations.
- Write technical reports to communicate issues, analysis, technical assessments, system status, and engineering recommendations.
- Act as a two-way conduit for information transfer between the engineers who are responsible for product design and field service teams responsible for product maintenance and support.Qualifications
The type of person who will thrive in this job is:
- Interested in technology, human factors, and business.
- Motivated by helping others succeed and by driving improvements.
- Enjoys communicating and building working relationships.
- Has a masters or Ph.D. in Physics, Electronics, Optics, Software or related technical field.
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.