Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At a glance:
* Are you a client-focused leader proficient in guiding the development, deployment and testing of network enhancements and upgrades?
* Can you commit to a technical position directing the creation of microservices, applications and resource adapters while developing the talent of team members?
* Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Senior Manager of Network Development, you accelerate company growth by assembling and mentoring a high-quality team of network developers. You have an aptitude for managing teams through complex technical projects and maintaining continuous up time for the service engine platform. You are passionate about proactively managing all aspects of the network development lifecycle.
You focus on exceeding client expectations by guiding the development, deployment and testing of network enhancements and upgrades. You excel at completing projects for microservices, application and user interfaces, service templates and resource adapters such as plugins. You have a keen ability to identify roadblocks and overcome obstacles to see projects completed efficiently and effectively. You thrive managing your team in an office environment and traveling as needed to meet company objectives. You report to the Senior Director of Network Development and Enterprise Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
* Competitive Salary with Bonus
* Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
* 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
* Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
* Education Assistance
* Pretax Child Care Spending Account
* Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
* Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
* Be the empowering leader for the Network Development team by supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
* Improve client satisfaction by developing a robust Service Engine Platform through a combination of software development and network engineering knowledge.
* Ensure service operations using continuous integration and the deployment pipeline.
* Drive a high-performance culture and improve services by leveraging knowledge of devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Adva and RAD.
* Support successful product launches by using the command line interface to execute test cases against the service prior to release.
* Support enterprise-wide growth through collaboration with product owners and Scrum masters to plan and release services in a timely manner.
* Maximize team efficiency and quality through detailed management of all daily activities of the Service Engine Platform team ensuring each project has the best people to develop and test it.
* Promote financial success by managing project budgets ensuring that all funds are being used appropriately.
Required keys for success:
* Eight or more years of team management experience
* Eight or more years of experience in software development or network engineering
* Proficient software development skills in Python, Git Source Control, Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web services, MuleSoft and Docker
* Knowledge of network engineering skills such as ONF, CCIE/ JNCIE, MEF-NF, MEF-CECP or MEF SDN-NFV
* Understanding of Ethernet, IP and TDM-based network and architectures
* Experienced in routing protocols, network topologies and Metro Ethernet Forum
* Track record of managing and executing on multiple, critical projects simultaneously using strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
* Client-focused and service-oriented
* Deadline-driven with the ability to multitask and navigate shifting priorities in a team environment
* Sound business planning, forecasting, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
* Confidence when developing and presenting data-driven reports
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Overlook
* Effective written and spoken English communications skills with all levels of an organization
How you will stand out from the crowd:
* Seven or more years of experience in a scaled Agile framework
* Familiar with network service orchestration
* Bachelor s Degree in engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.