Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) TELEMETRY
PART-TIME/DAYS FTE 0.5
PALMS WEST HOSPITAL
Since 1986, Palms West Hospital has celebrated excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art 204-bed facility, centrally located in Palm Beach County, offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major, and emergency surgeries. We are an Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Primary Stroke Center. Palms West Hospital has adult and pediatric emergency services, a dedicated New Life Center featuring Birthing Suites and a Level II NICU, as well as a full-service Children's Hospital, providing pediatric healthcare services in one child-friendly location. Additional services include outpatient rehabilitation, an aquatics center, orthopedic spine center, robotics, and interventional radiology.
Palms West Hospital is located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, just 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its abundant parks and quality schools. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. We invite you to explore career opportunities with us at Palms West Hospital and The Children's Hospital at Palms West. Join our team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying all Palm Beach County has to offer.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the CNA performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
* Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program
* State certification as a CNA
* Previous hospital experience preferred
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.