Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR PATIENT CARE? DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR A LEADING HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION? COME AND JOIN HCA'S STARN NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM!
WHY WE WORK AT RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhKQGa2CVv0
RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER We are a Level II Trauma Center, HCA Healthcare, and Joint Commission Accredited facility. Our team treats a variety of medical patients, including infections, wound care, respiratory, back pain, stroke, PT, telemetry, neuro, and some oncology. We are ranked top 10% in the nation for Patient Safety for the last four consecutive years.
HCA STARN NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skill sets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
* 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
* 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
* We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
* You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
* Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
* Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
**TWO YEAR COMMITMENT REQUIRED TO UNIT AND FACILITY
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, AND MORE!
INTRIGUED? DON\'T WAIT, APPLY TODAY. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
· Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
· Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
· Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
· Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.