Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Established in 1960, Hague Quality Water is the longest standing water treatment manufacturer in the United States. With headquarters and manufacturing located in Groveport, Ohio, Hague Quality Water manufactures water softener and filtration equipment. Our products are sold in the U.S. at Lowe s stores nationwide and through our authorized dealer network as well as to over 50 countries worldwide through our network of independent distributors. We are experiencing strong growth as part of the North American Water Treatment Division of A. O. Smith, a division that saw April - June 2020 sales increase by 19% from the same time period in 2019. PRIMARY FUNCTION
Due to continued demand of Hague Quality Water Products, we are looking for Plastic Molding Machine Operators to operate our seventeen injection molding machines. The positions start at $17.75 an hour and are direct-hire with benefits eligibility after 30 days. We currently have openings on 3rd Shift (Sunday - Thursday, 10 pm - 6:30 am, overtime as needed on Fridays).
We are a drug-free facility and require all employees to pass a drug screen and background check. RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follow all safety policies and procedures
* Communicate effectively with superiors and co-workers in a team environment
* Handover the work area clean, organized with machines caught up to the next shift team member
* Give a status update on machines/products/parts to the next shift machine operator
* Inform the supervisor if the Gaylord is out of material
* Empty the trash bins at the end of the shift
* Accurately record production quantities and downtime codes for all machines attended/operated
* Package all parts and build pallet quantities according to job specifications
* Maintain or exceed production and quality performance requirements
* Ensure inspection of parts (visual quality check) before packing the parts
* Remove excess flashing, burrs, and gate connections from all parts in a manner consistent with quality standards (Trim, Wipe and Cut sprue parallel to the product)
* High school diploma or GED required
* 6 months of experience in a manufacturing environment required; experience with injection molding machine operation a plus
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Demonstrated ability to keep a safe, clean, organized work area
* Ability to make logical decisions regarding quality, sequence of operations, setup, and troubleshooting
* Good communication skills
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; company-sponsored life insurance; 401k with company match; short- and long-term disability programs; tuition assistance; professional development assistance; paid vacation days in your first year of employment; ten paid holidays in a calendar year; bus line access; and employees discounts..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.