Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
NOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Will work in a team of talented software engineers, accountable for releasing high quality software for the new generation of Nokia's high performance core and edge routers.
* Has diverse interests in multiple engineering disciplines encompassing both electrical and computer engineering.
* Must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
* Develop automated test cases to validate new h/w and s/w features in a Linux-based regression environment.
* Test support for customer developed applications on the product.
* Test QoS (Quality of Service) for user traffic, and associated statistics.
* Use network protocols to configure high capacity routers (examples: 7250 IXR) to route Terabits per second worth of IP traffic.
* Experience in non-proprietary VM environments such as Dockers
* Experience with Open Config environments such as gNMI and Telemtry
* Solid programming skills, in particular Python, but transferable to other languages.
* Experience with Windows and/or Linux based PCs.
* A curiosity to learn, reverse engineer, and tear apart a feature or a design (i.e., research and understand your feature area inside and out in order to test it thoroughly).
* Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills.
* Quick learner, self starter, able to work independently.
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
* Knowledge of IP/TCP, routing, signaling protocols, IPSec protocols
* Experience using source control software (CVS, Git).
* Experience coding large s/w projects outside of typical school projects.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
* Obsessive attention to detail.
* A strong passion for quality
NOKIA CANADA IS COMMITTED TO BUILDING A SKILLED, DIVERSE WORKFORCE REFLECTIVE OF CANADIAN SOCIETY. AS A RESULT, WE PROMOTE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND ENCOURAGE WOMEN, ABORIGINAL PERSONS, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY OR MEMBERS OF A VISIBLE MINORITY GROUP TO APPLY.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.