Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
For 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive settings. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions help measure, assess, inform, and augment human performance in defense, intel, aviation, law enforcement, and healthcare.
What You\'ll Do
As an Associate Data Scientist you will define and apply a variety of innovative computational modeling approaches in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Human-Computer Interaction. This exciting opportunity will involve working closely with a multi-disciplinary team to conduct state-of-the-art research and development activities. Other responsibilities include:
* Contribute to the design, development and application of data mining, statistical analysis, machine learning, modeling, and signal processing methods
* Collaborate with software engineers, within an agile, research-oriented environment, to implement, test, and apply mathematical algorithms from research
* Collaborate with research psychologists and scientists in experiment design and validation exercises
* Engage in business development activities, proposal writing, project management, and customer interaction
* Understanding and hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning techniques
* Knowledge of probability theory and statistical models (Bayesian methods, MCMC, particle filters)
* Proficiency with scripting programming languages (e.g. Python, R, or similar)
* Experience working with large, noisy, multi-modal datasets
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ability/willingness to travel
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Must have an Active Security Clearance
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
Department: Intelligent Analytic Technologies
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position