Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Transaction Advisory Services Tax Associate is an essential team member that will work to support other team members in ensuring that engagements are executed timely and that client expectations are met, if not exceeded and support the overall delivery of the national Transaction Advisory Services Tax strategy. The Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Tax group, part of the Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice services include deal structuring, due diligence, post-deal integration, tax attribute management, and opinions and ruling requests.
- Bachelor s degree, required
- J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master s in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university, preferred
- One or more years of related experience, preferred
- CPA License and/or J.D., preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent tax research skills
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex information
- Strong self-motivation with the ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment with varying deliverables and changing requirements
- Must be technically competent across multiple US federal, international and state income tax disciplines
- Fundamental working knowledge of non-income based federal, state and foreign tax regimes
- General familiarity with US GAAP, including the accounting for income tax principles
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.