Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
ACCOUNT MANAGER (INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION, OUTSIDE SALES)
Chula Vista, CA, US, 91911 Company: 1120-Applied Industrial Technologies
Take your next career step combining Client management with a Consultative sales process. We are a global industrial distribution company partnering with 4,000 world-class manufacturers. Since 1923, we have been committed to providing value-added services and high quality industrial and MRO products to businesses. Having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it is just part of what we offer.
This is a relationship-based sales role. Build your book of business as you develop an established territory and customer base. As an Account Manager, you will grow your territory by opening new business and developing repeat business relationships within your existing accounts.
All earnings are uncapped your income is limited only by your ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your existing accounts. If you can talk with everyone from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor and the purchasing agent, we want to talk with you!
This position reports directly to our General Manager.
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customers and by opening new business
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
* Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and close transactions
* Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
* Survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
Our Account Managers are self-motivated and driven by a desire to exceed expectations.
* 2+ yrs proven outside industrial sales experience OR 2+ yrs customer service / inside sales experience in industrial distribution OR purchasing / maintenance / tool crib experience in an industrial environment
* Proven experience and success in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Mechanical aptitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency, & sense of humor
* Self starter, motivated to develop business relationships and to make money
* Written and verbal written communication skills including English grammar
* Computer skills and knowledge, including Excel
* Power transmission, hydraulics, and/or bearings product experience preferred
* Project management experience helpful
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
As an Account Manager with Applied, you will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
* Base salary and uncapped commission opportunities.
* Company vehicle
* Health, vision, and dental coverage
* 401(k) w/ company match
* Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, tuition reimbursement
* Personalized training and development program
* Career development and advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding management career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.