Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58 bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 36237BR
JOB SUMMARY: Cleans, disinfects and performs other housekeeping tasks assigned in the hospital which may include: vacuuming and spot-cleaning carpets, washing walls, cleaning patient rooms, cleaning bathrooms, and cleaning office areas. Performs project work (stripping/refinishing floors, etc.) as assigned. Removes infectious waste according to protocol, disposes of regular trash. Moves furniture, sets up rooms for meetings.
* Cleans the following on a daily basis using a variety of chemicals: floors, walls, ceilings, light fixtures, shelves, dispensers, trash receptacles, beds, mattresses, stretchers, tables, chairs, desks, carpets, windows, mirrors, sinks, toilets, urinals, counters, doors, elevators and tracks, stairs, window tracks and ledges, vents and baseboards.
* Removes and disposes of all trash, waste and litter.
* Refills soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers and replaced toilet paper.
* Performs discharge cleaning as needed.
* Performs the following special cleaning duties as scheduled or requested: vacuuming, wall washing, spot cleaning, carpets and upholstery, remove and install various types of curtains and drapes
* Some High School required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Previous experience preferred
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.