Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Part Time
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58 bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 36186BR
JOB SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Chief Development and External Relations Officer including calendar management, preparing presentations, and attending meetings. Serves as a central staff member in major gifts, supporting the major gift officers by managing small cultivation events, managing call lists and actions, tracking all prospect activity in Raiser's Edge, running metrics reporting, and coordinating with major gift officers on prospect activity. Also responsible for maintaining revenue projections. Dual reporting relationship to both the Chief Development and External Relations Officer and Senior Major Gifts Officer.
* Assists the Director of Development with tasks involving key board members and high level donors. Handles all scheduling and work with meeting space, food services, and office management. Prepares meeting materials. Answers telephone, handles written communication with donors and prospects, prepares meeting materials and makes photocopies, maintains donor files.
* Prepares confidential individual briefings and solicitation materials for the Director of Development and Major Gift Officer as well as for the President, Chair of the Board, and other key volunteers who are working with prospects.
* Manages the input of information to Raiser's Edge Data base with regard to prospect visits, contact reports, moves management, and proposal data. Responsible for running weekly metric reports for Director of Development.
* Creates new records in Raiser's Edge.
* Coordinates invitation production, mailing, and response tracking, coordinates the flow of information regarding small major gift dinners and cultivation events within the Development Office, performs administrative and other responsibilities as needed, and travels as necessary to events.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Individual judgement and knowledge of fundraising strategy is essential.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.