Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Business Value Services Group
Salesforce pioneered the idea of CRM software in the cloud in 1999, creating a whole new economy. Today, Salesforce is helping over 150,000 companies, and millions of careers, grow like never before. Salesforce's technologies help bring companies and customers together, by providing a platform with a single view of the customer across sales, service, marketing, and commerce. Our tight-knit ecosystem creates and transforms our culture, our customers, and our communities. It drives forth our core values trust, customer success, innovation and equality that make us who we are. Come join a company that continues to blaze new trails in enterprise software every day, while focusing on our mission of improving the state of the world.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team, representing a blend of frontline commercial execution and long-term strategic thinking.
Salesforce Business Value Services (BVS) is closely aligned with the North America Sales organization, directly supporting sales pursuits within our top accounts. Your primary focus will be to directly engage with customer executive teams, helping articulate the strategic and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. Ultimately, you will develop C-level account strategies, value propositions and success metrics, investment justifications, deal structures and commercial proposals for our most strategic customers. You will also act as a trusted advisor to your regional sales management, providing guidance on account and negotiation strategies, helping prioritize sales pursuits and identify new opportunities.
You will support the West Coast Mid-Market business segment (roughly 200 - 1,000 in employee size) in a variety of industries, including technology, communications, media, professional services, travel, transportation and logistics.
We are looking for highly passionate, driven and inquisitive individuals who can effectively communicate how our solutions can help our customers transform their businesses and support their strategic objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
* CUSTOMER SUCCESS: Support West Coast Mid-Market accounts across all steps in the customer lifecycle, from strategic alignment, project justification, and commercial proposals to measuring the realized value of targeted business outcomes
* SALES PARTNERSHIP: Work closely with internal sales teams and other functions to help define account strategies and prioritize sales initiatives, based on value creation potential and opportunity size
* ORCHESTRATION: Facilitate internal and external workshops to discover customers' current and future business capabilities with the goal of identifying, prioritizing and measuring key business value drivers (metrics)
* VALUE SELLING: Build compelling business case presentations and ROI (Return on Investment) analyses aimed at accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales opportunities
* DEAL NEGOTIATION: Assist in the development and delivery of commercial proposals and deal structures, and share insights with senior sales management to help develop and execute negotiation strategies
* THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Provide thought leadership, training, and consultative partnering with internal sales and other teams throughout and beyond the sales cycle
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 5-10 years of professional experience, ideally in consultative and strategic customer-facing roles
* Results-oriented, strategic thinker that enjoys helping customers "cross the chasm" from current state to future state
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to derive actionable insights from large amounts of information and clearly communicate complex ideas to customer senior executives, while handling questions and objections
* Experience with quantitative analysis and financial modeling
* Mix of business and technical acumen with ability to engage and add value in discussions involving both technology and business strategy
* Creative, high-energy, self-starter comfortable leading and executing initiatives and handling conflicting demands creatively and quickly
* Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Solution Engineering, Pricing, Industry teams and other key partners
* Experience in account strategy support, and development and execution of value hypotheses, business cases, and commercial proposals preferred
* MBA preferred
* Familiarity with technology and/or enterprise software preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.