Posted in Other 9 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Cubic Mission Solutions
ISR Systems is a small team of subject matter experts collectively designing and producing the next generation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Our platform, ISR One, is revolutionary in its capabilities and is well-positioned to become a market-leading platform for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations worldwide. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at ISR Systems. This is an incredible, once in a lifetime opportunity to join a thriving team at the ground floor and see your innovative ideas come to life from concept to production. Grow your composite skills, work and learn from the best in the industry, and establish a career with unlimited future potential. We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. ISR Systems is wholly owned subsidiary of Cubic s Mission and Performance Solutions business unit. Enjoy the freedom and pace of a startup with the stability and support of a major, international company! If this sounds exciting for your future, we invite you to explore opportunities with ISR Systems.
This is a junior to mid-level position, and the candidate should generally have a minimum of 2 years of experience in composite layup or assembly to be considered. Demonstrated expertise is considered in lieu of documented experience. Mid-level workmanship and knowledge of composites is expected. Work will be performed with some oversight and advanced training will be provided by senior composite technicians. We rely heavily on composite technicians expertise for methodology improvement recommendations. As a valuable team member, you will be asked for feedback and recommendations to improve our production processes and enhance your experience in our company. Composite technicians will generally specialize over time in either composite assembly or composite layup. That stated, all technicians are expected to work both disciplines as needed throughout the production cycle.
Primarily responsible will be composite component assembly in an aircraft production environment. Will work with un-jigged tasks involving drilling, component trimming, hardware installation, and bonding operations of composite and metal components. Candidate should possess sound mechanical reasoning and skill with both hand tools and larger machinery like band saws and router tables.
Primarily responsible for carbon fiber and fiberglass component layup for aircraft production. Will work exclusively with wet layups and room-temperature curing under vacuum.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Mid-level: Works under some guidance from senior assembly technicians with bonding operations, and major assembly integration
* Can perform un-jigged trim/drill, sanding & trimming operations with high-speed pneumatic tools, and hardware installation using rivets and various adhesives
* Comfortable using large machinery like router tables and band saws for component trimming post-cure
* Flexing to assist in other areas will be necessary at times
* Mid-level: Wet layup of small and large (up to 36 long operations) composite parts under some guidance from senior layup technicians.
* Cleaning and prepping lamination molds
* Demolding, vacuum bagging setup, and kitting materials for layup
* Resin mixing for composite layup
* Preparation and cleanup of lamination area
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
* Position requires you to work in a high-tempo production environment and must be able to work both individually and with a team
* Mechanical aptitude, ideally with experience in fabrication, manufacturing, medical device or any experience that has required strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and within a team setting as required.
* Passion for aerospace industry.
* Ability to strictly follow checklists and guideline.
* Comfortable and excited to work in a R&D environment where prints may or may not be provided for layups. If provided, you should be comfortable reading engineering prints and producing against the prints with minimal oversight.
This is an active standing roll in a team environment. Position requires part fabrication with limited supervision. Position requires wearing all required PPE, to include but not limited to safety goggles, hearing protection, masks/respirator, and gloves.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years of related experience. Demonstrated expertise is considered in lieu of documented experience. Formal trade education in the mechanical or composite aerospace industries desired. Must be able to read and interpret drawings. Be proficient with common powered and non-powered hand tools. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Utilize basic computer programs. Work effectively with others. Apply sound judgement when carrying out instructions furnished in a written, verbal, or sketch-type formats. Must be pro-active in the execution of daily job functions. Ability to lift at least 20 lbs. PPE sometime required to include depending on tasking: hearing protection, safety glasses with side shields, gloves, protective aprons, steel toe shoes. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance if necessary.
*There will be a live skill assessment during the interview process. Please inform the talent acquisition team if you will require reasonable accommodation for the assessment.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law