Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Bariatric Program, 201 LYONS AVENUE, NEWARK, NJ 07112-2027
Physician Asst Bariatric Program:
* The Physician Assistant will be responsible for managing health problems, coordinating health care, and assisting in surgery for Dept. of Bariatrics patients.
* The successful candidate will function in full compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care.
* Perioperative preparation and postoperative clinical management will be conducted in collaboration with the attending physician and other health care professionals.
* They will also act as the Bariatric Center Coordinator which provides clinical and managerial expertise for patients in the weight loss program.
* As the Coordinator they will assist in the development of the center and the accreditation process, and ensure continuous compliance with MBSAQIP requirements.
* Valid license/certificate as a Physician Assistant in the State of NJ, required
* DEA License
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS), required
* Possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Bachelor s degree in related field.
* Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
* Two years experience as a PA in an acute care setting required.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer